Solvy stabilizer for machine embroidery
Solvy is a water soluble substance used as a temporary base for stitched thread designs. It acts as a stabiliser until the threads are linked together with enough stitching to support themselves and hold the design firmly. The Solvy is then rinsed away with water leaving only the thread which forms the design. It is important that threads are well linked and attached to the outer edge of the design so it does not fall apart when Solvy is rinsed away.
1.Use Ultra Solvy for any project where you want added support or a firmer working foundation than you would get with Original or Super Solvy.
2. Use only on fabric that can be wet without staining. always test first.
3. To make an even firmer foundation, adhere two layers of Ultra Solvy together by moistening one layer with a damp sponge and smoothing layers together. Ironingnot recommended,
4. Write or draw on Ultra Solvy to make a design or quilt pattern to follow. If working with white or pastel thread colors, use a pastel marker.
5. You can sandwich any fabric between 2 layers of Ultra Solvy for maximum stabiliza tion.
6.Toremove. Pullaway excess Ultra Solvyand save scraps to make a liquid stabilizer. Ultra Solvy wllltake longer to dissolve than Original Solvy since It Is 4 times denser. Submerge the project In warm water for 10-15 minutes then rinse it repeatedry; or fill up your washlng machine with Clearwater, add the project ana agitate for 5 minutes or so. Remove and lay flat to dry. Add laundry and soap to washing machine - no wasted water.
7. If you plan to do more stitching on the proj ect and think some added support may still be needed, do not rinse out allof the stabilizer; let some remain to actas a liquid stabilizer until additional stitching Is finished.